Thanksgiving meals are comforting and satisfying. Succulent turkey with all the trimmings makes it one of the most delicious holidays of the year!
Making a turkey takes a lot of effort and if you have a small family it can be a daunting task. A good way to still get all of those delicious, familiar flavors of a Thanksging meal is to make a stuffed turkey breast.
Turkey breasts are large and just one can easily feed a family of four! By flattening the turkey breast and filling it with Hawaiian favorites like Portugueses Sausage, macadamia Nuts and KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls you’ll have a traditional Thanksgiving meal with a side of ono Hawaiian flavors!
- 8 KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls, cubed
- 1/2 cup Portuguese Sausage, diced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup Macadamia nuts, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- half boneless skinless turkey breasts
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cubed KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, brown the Portuguese Sausage. Add the onion, celery and butter and cook until softened.
- Add the cubed rolls, Mac nuts and cranberries.
- Pour the chicken broth over the mixture and add the onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to coat and simmer on medium high until the bread starts to soften.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- If you can't find a boneless, skinless turkey breast ask the butcher to help you out. They will do the hard work.
- On a flat surface between two layers of plastic wrap, flatten the turkey breast with a heavy mallet. to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread the stuffing on the flattened turkey breast. Roll from one end to the other and use string to tie into sections. Rub the tied turkey with butter and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on a silpat lined baking sheet and bake for one hour.
- Let rest for ten minutes, then slice.